Thursday, January 26, 2012

Amazing Kale Salad

I had this aptly named Amazing Kale Salad tonight and I just HAD to share!  It is raw vegan but honestly it would be REALLY good with a steak and some red wine!  I did made a few changes and I feel it is important to note them as I am finding that making changes in vegan food is not always as successful as it is with regular food.

SO, the changes and notes:

In the pic it appears she used curly kale so that is what I used despite her not listing it.  Dinosaur kale (aka Lacinato Kale which has flater and has larger leaves), to me anyway, has a very different taste.  I LIKE it but it is different so I am just pointing it out.

I used kosher salt because that is what I had.  I used bottled OJ and  I used raw almonds for the same reason. I left out the raisins because I don't like them although I think the texture would be really nice - I may try craisins some time. I always use Organic Shoyu Soy Sauce and I know from experience that it is stronger than normal soy sauce so I used just a smidge less (yes, this is my exact measurement!) I think there could have been more red onions, perhaps another tbsp or 2 however, it was nice amount if you are

Anyway, this is a MUST TRY!  I am sure this would be great as a potluck dish too!

~Reduce, ReUse, Recycle and Rejoice!


No comments:

Post a Comment