Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Accountability

Sadly, I have done horribly in my attempts to go vegan.  I have done OK at home but I have been at my friend's for dinner a lot and have also cheated a few times - McDonald's french fries!!  (If you don't understand why that is cheating, let me know and I will give you the nasty details!)  As I mentioned in a previous post, I think this is why they recommend going cold turkey.  I have actually GAINED weight!

SO, starting today, I will:
Either offer to cook or bring my own food when going to friends' homes.
Limit myself to 1 piece of bread a day.
Log all of my food into My Fitness Pal. (there is a weight loss tracker in the side bar ------>)
Make my 20 mins. outside (except in bad weather) a MOVING 20 mins - not necessarily "exercise", can be yard work, etc.

I think this is a start.  I know my problem areas are lack of exercise and bread/wheat products.  Although my friend has been trying very hard to not make meat on the nights I come over, she will make 2-3 sides of carbs.  Healthy eating is not really a concern for her and she has a house full of teen-aged boys eating everything in their path so I am not going to try to push my nutritional thoughts on her.

On a completely different subject, while I was at her house last night, she had a plumber there for a stopped up kitchen sink.  The plumber had to pull everything out from under the sink.  After he left, while she was putting things back, she cleaned some of her supplies out.  She had some trash bags that didn't fit any of her containers anymore, she had a few cleaners that she didn't use.  I took a few off her hands - better in my use that in a landfill.  It got me thinking that most people probably have a lot of things under the sink that they don't use.  So my challenge to you is this:  clean out under your sink (or where you keep your cleaning supplies) and find new homes for the things you don't use.  I am going to do this but honestly, I keep mine paired down pretty tight.  I don't buy many cleaners - I use baking soda and vinegar for A LOT.  I will share my findings in a few days.  I would love to hear what you find/get rid of and where it goes.

~Reduce, ReUse, Recycle and Rejoice!

No comments:

Post a Comment